Duration: 3 days
Those who have successfully completed the course will be able to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the importance of preventing pollution to the (marine) environment.This course is based on IMO Model course 1.38
This knowledge and understanding shall include, but is not limited to the following topics:
- concept of sustainable shipping
- complexity and diversity of the marine environment
- impact of shipping on the environment
- role of regulations, procedures and technical installations to protect the environment
- marine environmental awareness, personal responsibility
- role of human element to prevent pollution, proactive measures.
- updating with new MARPOL regulations
Those who have successfully completed the course shall demonstrate the intention to:
- fully observe procedures for monitoring ship-board operations and ensure compliance with requirements for environmental protection
- act to ensure that the positive environmental reputation of shipping is maintained.
The course is designed for officers and officers in charge of a navigational or an engineering watch.